In Bridgehampton, NY there’s a great little Sicilian restaurant, Osteria Salina, serving up delicious Italian food. While everything on the menu is great, the simple cucumber antipasto they bring out as soon as you sit down really stands out.
Highlighting local and seasonal fare, Osteria Salina peels and slices kirby cucumbers from nearby Hamptons farms, drizzles them with good quality Sicilian olive oil and sprinkles them with fresh cracked black pepper and flakey Maldon sea salt. The result is a healthy, refreshing, and unbelievably tasty dish that’s great as an appetizer or even just as an afternoon snack!
The Perfect Summer Snack
- 3 kirby cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maldon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1. Wash and peel cucumber and cut into ½-inch slices.
2. Drizzle cucumber slices with olive oil.
3. Season with Maldon salt and black pepper.
– Elana Karp