The best way to celebrate mom this Mother’s Day? A sweet, homemade breakfast whipped up just for her. This simple muffin recipe is perfect for younger kids to make (with a little help, of course). Packed with berries and topped with a cinnamon sugar dusting, these muffins are a snap to make and sure to be a hit with everyone.
1 cup oats
1½ cups AP flour
½ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup whole milk
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup frozen berries
2 tbsp granulated sugar (for topping)
½ tsp cinnamon (for topping) topping
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.Melt butter in microwave in a small heat safe bowl in 30 second intervals until fully melted.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. In a separate large bowl combine sugar, milk, egg, and melted butter. Whisk until fully combined and slightly pale.Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until fully combined, being careful not to over-mix. Fold in berries.
4. Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
5. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over tops of muffins and bake until puffed and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
6. Remove from tins and serve.