When you were a child, Halloween’s main event was trick-or-treating. But as an adult, you can skip right to the “treat” part—which now revolves not around candy but beer—and make yourself a fully functioning pumpkin keg.
It’s actually a lot easier than it sounds. Just check out the instructions and video below.
What You’ll Need:
- A pumpkin. (A big pumpkin.)
- A carving knife.
- A tap. We used this.
- Enough pumpkin ale to fill ‘er up. (A couple of six-packs should do it.)
What to Do:
- Carve out the top-center of the pumpkin with the stem.
- Clean out the inside of the pumpkin.
- Toward the bottom of the pumpkin, carve out a hole slightly smaller than the tap, so that the tap fits in snugly and prevents leaking. Then insert the tap.
- Pour in your favorite pumpkin ale, Oktoberfest beer, brown ale, or amber ale.
Because a bag filled with Tootsie Rolls won’t get you feeling toasty. Unless maybe you have, like, A LOT of Tootsie Rolls. We don’t exactly know what’s in those things.