It’s 🔮 #FoodFortunes Week 🔮 at Plated!
If you’re here, you probably took a lil’ social media screenshot and are desperate to know what the outcome means about your life (and future life). Well, you’re in the right place, and we’ve got all the answers for a fabulously flavorful look into your future.
(Site note: If you’re not sure what we’re talking about, head over to Plated’s Instagram)
Let’s see what’s in store…
What’s your food vibe?
Honey, you’re sugar, spice, and everything nice. You’re a caramel-coated confection that makes hearts and teeth ache.
Is it hot in here? (Is what everyone asks when you enter a room.) You have a penchant for making people blush—and cry for that matter.
You’re only now getting the recognition you’ve long deserved—but that doesn’t mean you haven’t been here all along. You’re OG, umami.
Don’t listen to the haters—there’s nothing wrong with being bitter. It’s your bouts of bitterness that make digestion possible (and we’re not just talking about food).
You know how a perfectly salted morsel just makes your mouth water? Yea, that’s you—and you’re making us drool.
Your power is strong. So strong, in fact, that people can’t help but pucker in your presence.
What’s your love language?
You’re a straight shooter who plays no games when it comes to love. Your pheromones have a whey about them.
At first you might seem a bit coarse, but the faintest hint of humidity turns you into the softie you really are.
Look, you’re cheesy and that’s okay. This world needs more romantics like you.
You’re really into cuddling, but mostly because you love hearing how soft your skin is.
You’re fun, hun. You’re like a New Year’s Eve kiss—sweet, fleeting, and unforgettable.
When people look up “smooth” in the dictionary, they see a picture of your face. Your love glides, it melts, it makes everything butter, er, better.
What’s your signature scent?
You put the bae in herbaceous. Your perennial scent is so oh so fresh and oh so clean.
You were briny before it was cool. But don’t sweat the crowding on the pickle train—why not cozy up to a fellow cuke?
You have that natural vibe about you, but without the funk. Your scent is sweet and calming, just like you.
Who’s got the herb? You do—and we can smell you from a mile away.
Veggies, schmeggies. It’s all about sweet, sweet fruit when it comes to you. Steer clear of fruit flies.
You’re equal parts spicy and earthy, with just a hint of nostalgia about you. And you’re a hit at holiday parties.
How do you end your day?
You might wear a tough exterior in the daytime—but your insides are soft and warm. Just butter yourself up when you get home.
You wear your heart on your sleeve. Wrap yourself in seaweed for protection from the elements.
By 5 o’clock you’re in a sticky-icky daze. Roll yourself in some sugar and call it a day.
You start off crispy, but you get more and more oily as the day goes on. But you’re not fatty, you’re fabulous—and you have great skin.
In a word, you’re cool. No matter what the day throws your way, you never let anyone see you sweat.
Camels have nothing on you—you’re in it for the long haul. But now that it’s after hours, consider a swig of H2O.
What’s your personal style?
Your fit is decidedly slim, and your confidence as clear as your silhouette.
Some say your approach to avant-garde is square, but why accentuate your shape when you can just emulate the geometric wonder of the cube?
You’re so old-school, you’re new-school. You know better than to get caught up in passing trends. Keep it cool, ya dig?
Looking good isn’t about what you’re wearing—it’s about how you’re wearing it. And you wear cozy and cool very well.
You already know that the best way to shop is second-hand—because vintage isn’t just unique, it’s sustainable. Mother Earth is a big fan of your aesthetic.
Whether your duds are couture or DIY, you have a signature look—and we see you.
Food Fortunes Instagram and Facebook Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is DineInFresh, Inc. d/b/a Plated (“Sponsor”), 111 W 19th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10011.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 pm (noon) Eastern Standard Time (EST) on August 21, 2017 (“Start Time”) and ends at 5:00:00 pm EST on August 28, 2017 (“End Time”).
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to residents of the 48 continental United States of America or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and who have an active Instagram account or Facebook account (“Entrant”). To become a registered user of Instagram, please visit www.instagram.com. To become a registered user of Facebook, please visit www.facebook.com. Employees of Sponsor, Prize Providers (as defined in Rule 6 below), and each of the foregoing entities’ affiliates, authorized designees and other related entities, and any other individual or entity associated with the development, judging or administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as members of such employees’ immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
5. HOW TO ENTER:
Please note that Twitter is not a valid entry method for this Sweepstakes.
Message and data rates may apply. You may be charged by your wireless carrier for participating in the Sweepstakes. It is therefore recommended that you consult your wireless carrier’s pricing plan BEFORE participating in the Sweepstakes. Wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
6. PRIZES/ODDS: One (1) Plated Cookbook, one (1) Tarot Deck Travel Candle, one (1) box of 100 Fortune Cookies individually wrapped, and one (1) book entitled Tea Leaf Reading: A Divination Guide for the Bottom of Your Cup, by Dennis FairChild (collectively, the “Prize”). The Prize is $46 in retail value. Up to five (5) Prizes awarded in total, one (1) a different winner each day, selected at random from valid Entries on either Facebook or Instagram. The Prize shall be fulfilled by Sponsor (“Prize Provider”). Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Any unspecified expenses related to acceptance and use of the Prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize is not transferable except with Sponsor’s written consent which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. Limit of one (1) prize per person, family or household. No cash alternative or substitution of prize will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize of comparable value, in whole or in part, for any reason. THE WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR REPORTING AND PAYING ANY AND ALL INCOME, SALES OR EXCISE TAXES THAT MAY APPLY TO ACCEPTING PRIZE; SPONSOR AND OR PRIZE PROVIDERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AND WILL NOT PAY ANY SUCH TAXES. TOTAL RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE: $46.
7. WINNER SELECTION: The winners will be determined by random selection conducted by Sponsor from among all eligible Entries on or around each day during the week of August 21, 2017 and ending August 25, 2017. Up to five (5) winners in total. All results of the selection are final and binding, subject to these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person who is the Authorized Account Holder of the email account associated with the Instagram account used to submit entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event a winning entry is discovered to be invalid for any reason whatsoever or the person who submitted the winning entry fails to comply with these Official Rules prior to delivery of the prize, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
8. NOTICE TO WINNER: Attempts to notify potential winner will be made using Direct Message on Instagram. IT IS THE ENTRANT’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO CONFIRM THAT HIS/HER INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK SETTINGS ARE CONFIGURED SO AS TO ACCEPT DIRECT MESSAGES FROM SPONSOR (@PLATED or Plated’s Facebook page). Sponsor is not responsible for failure to contact potential winner, regardless of cause. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within two (2) days of the first notification attempt or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected.
9. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: Potential winner must provide a valid street address in the 48 continental United States or District of Columbia for prize shipment and may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If potential winner fails to provide a valid street address or refuses to sign and return Prize Claim Documents (if applicable) within five (5) days of prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
10. SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE ENTERED BY OTHER THAN HUMAN MEANS (SUCH AS BY AN AUTOMATED COMPUTER PROGRAM OR ANY NON-HUMAN MECHANISM, ENTITY, OR DEVICE), IN EXCESS OF THE STATED LIMIT, OR FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE LATE, FORGED, DESTROYED, LOST, MISPLACED, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, TAMPERED WITH, INCOMPLETE, DELETED, DAMAGED, GARBLED, OR OTHERWISE NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND ALL SUCH ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES: (A) TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND BY ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND ALL DECISIONS OF SPONSOR WHICH SHALL BE BINDING AND FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS; (B) TO WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY WITH RESPECT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES; (C) TO WAIVE ALL OF HIS OR HER RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM, ACTION, OR PROCEEDING AGAINST ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND INSTAGRAM; AND (D) TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES, AS WELL AS INSTAGRAM, FROM ANY LIABILITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR ANY PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, LOSS, EXPENSE, ACCIDENT, DELAY, INCONVENIENCE OR IRREGULARITY), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE OUTSIDE ATTORNEY’S FEES) THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) THE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, (II) TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN THE OFFICIAL RULES OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS, (III) ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION, DEFECTS IN, USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE (OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF), (IV) ANY CHANGE BY ANY COMPANY OR ANY OTHER PERSON PROVIDING ANY OF THE COMPONENTS OF A PRIZE DUE TO REASONS BEYOND ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ CONTROL OR AS OTHERWISE PERMITTED HEREUNDER, (V) ANY INTERRUPTIONS IN OR POSTPONEMENT, CANCELLATION, OR MODIFICATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, (VI) HUMAN ERROR, (VII) INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION, RECEIPT OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY PART OF THE ENTRY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ENTRY INFORMATION OR ANY PARTS THEREOF), (VIII) ANY TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS OR UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY WEBSITE OR ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEM, COMPUTER DATING MECHANISM, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER UTILIZED BY ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES OR BY AN ENTRANT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FILTERING BY OR OTHER OPERATION OF THE FUNCTIONALITY OF INSTAGRAM), (IX) INTERRUPTION OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEB PAGES, OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE VIA THE INTERNET DUE TO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS, (X) ANY DAMAGE TO ENTRANT’S (OR ANY THIRD PERSON’S) MOBILE DEVICE OR ITS CONTENTS RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, (XI) ANY LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSIONS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, OR ANY OTHER ERRORS OR MALFUNCTIONS, (XII) ANY WRONGFUL, NEGLIGENT, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACT OR OMISSIONS ON THE PART OF ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, OR ANY OF THEIR AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, OR (XIII) ANY OTHER CAUSE, CONDITION OR EVENT WHATSOEVER BEYOND THE CONTROL OF ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES. EACH WINNER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE SPONSOR HAS NEITHER MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE OR COMPONENT THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY THE PRIZE PROVIDERS.
11. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and other indicia of persona for advertising or publicity purposes, worldwide, and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Winner further agrees, without further compensation, to sign additional documents confirming such permission upon Sponsor’s request.
12. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes due to any cause beyond the Sponsor’s control which prevents the Sweepstakes from being conducted as originally intended (e.g., natural disaster, fraud, tampering or riot). In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from among all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by Sponsor (as applicable) or otherwise in a manner of Sponsor’s sole choosing which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the official Plated Instagram page (@plated) or Plated Facebook Page. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Sweepstakes, and ban from any future promotions, any person it believes to have intentionally violated these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or to have tampered with any element of the Sweepstakes without notice to the disqualified or banned person. The preceding includes but is not limited to tagging friends in a comment/entry without obtaining their consent beforehand. (But, disqualification and the ban on participation in future promotions shall not represent the sole remedies available to Sponsor.)
13. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions (of New York or any other jurisdiction). Any legal claims arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in the federal or state courts located in New York, New York. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you consent to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts, waiving any right of inconvenient forum, change of venue or the like. You further agree, to the fullest extent permitted by law, that any such dispute shall be resolved individually (not via class action) and that your recovery shall be limited to out-of-pocket costs incurred in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any), with all other forms of relief (including damages) being waived.
14. To obtain a winners list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed envelope with the proper postage affixed to: DineInFresh, d/b/a Plated, 111 W 19th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10011. Please specify “winners list” or “Official Rules” and the name of the Sweepstakes in your request. Such requests must be received by January 31, 2018.