What’s one thing we can’t get enough of around the Plated office? Banana Bread. With so many variations that are all equally delicious, it truly never gets old. We spiced up a classic banana bread recipe with some chia seeds and instead of making a loaf we decided to go with a circle pan. This resulted in a delicious cake-like banana bread that truly rivals some of the best we have ever had!
Check out this video for some behind-the-scenes shenanigans!
Banana Chia Seed Bread
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Heat the oven to 350° F, and butter either 10” x 3” round pan or a 5″ x 9″ loaf pan.
- Peel the bananas and in a large mixing bowl, mash them well with a fork. Stir in the sugar and then the egg. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the butter.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chia seeds in a separate bowl. Slowly fold the dry ingredients gently into the wet, mixing just until you no longer see any streaks of flour or dry ingredients. Try not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean and the bread starts to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
– Rachel Karten
Photography by Alivia Duran