While we love summer, we must admit we’re ready for fall. There’s something about the season that just speaks to us (maybe it’s all of the delicious root vegetables). In honor of fall’s arrival, we’ve put together an easy recipe for baked apple chips—the perfect on-the-go snack. It’s basically fall in a bite.
- 2 Gala Apples
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup finely grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Halve apples and remove cores and stems. Thinly slice using a mandoline.
- On a baking sheet toss the apples with olive oil, and coriander, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, and bake until crisp, about 15 minutes more.