One day, a life-changing idea came out of the Plated Test Kitchen—what would happen if we combined two of our favorite foods, pizza and bagels & lox? Our Smoked Salmon Pizza was born with all the flavors of your Saturday morning bagel order but in pizza form. Ribbons of smoked salmon, capers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and dollops of goat cheese top a dough that’s ringed with everything seasoning—because everything seasoning makes everything better.
Smoked Salmon Pizza With Whipped Ghoat Cheese, Capers and Tomato
1½ pounds pizza dough
4 ounces goat cheese
½ pint grape tomatoes
1 red onion tablespoons
2 everything bagel spice mix
3 tablespoons flour
¼ ounce dill
¼ ounce parsley
2 tablespoons capers
6 ounces smoked salmon
Enlist a friend to join you in the kitchen tonight. Helping hands can layer and garnish the pizzas in Steps 3 and 6, and whip the goat cheese in Step 4.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pizza doughs from bags and let soften at room temperature. Place goat cheese in a medium bowl to soften. Rinse all produce. Halve tomatoes. Peel onion, halve, and thinly slice. In a small bowl, toss sliced onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ⅛ teaspoon salt; set aside. In a separate small bowl, combine everything bagel spice mix and 2 teaspoons water—tossing the spices with a little water helps protect them from burning while the crust toasts in the oven— and set aside.
2. Sprinkle flour onto a clean, dry surface, coating a rolling pin or your hands with a thin layer. Roll or stretch doughs into rectangular shapes, rotating frequently and working from center to edges, until ¼-inch thick. If you don’t have a rolling pin, try lifting the dough with your hands, letting gravity help stretch it down. Using your fingers, gently pull the edges, feeling for thicker areas so dough doesn’t tear. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment papers and rub each with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
3. Add pizza doughs to parchment, gently stretching to reach edges of sheets, and rub 1 tablespoon olive oil on top. Sprinkle everything bagel spice mix along edges in a 1-inch border. Scatter tomatoes and sliced onions in center (or, now’s the time to start customizing the toppings on your section of the pizza). Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until crusts are crisp and lightly browned, 15–18 minutes total.
4. While pizzas bake, add ¼ cup warm water to bowl with goat cheese and whisk until smooth and fluffy, 1–2 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper as desired, then set aside until ready to serve.
5. Pick dill and parsley leaves, discarding stems. Roughly chop capers, if desired —these pickled buds can be too tangy for some, so chopping ensures smaller pops of briny flavor.
6. Once baked, remove pizzas from oven. Set toppings out in a spread for total customization, or follow our guide: Dollop over whipped goat cheese, tear smoked salmon into large pieces and arrange on top, then scatter over herbs and capers. Cut smoked salmon pizzas into slices.
Looking for more ways to get more veggies in your life? Try ordering Plated!Get 25% off your first four weeks of Plated!