Cheese Bread (Pao de Queijo)
⅔ cup whole milk
⅓ cup vegetable oil
1½ cups tapioca flour
½ cup packed grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Alternatively whisk well until fully combined.
2. Rub a mini muffin tin with olive oil to coat the cups. Pour the cheese bread mixture into the muffin tin about ¾ way up (don’t fill it too high—they’ll overflow!).
3. Transfer to the oven and bake until golden and puffed, about 18 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Churrascaria at home
several nice long skewers
(or any other type of meat you’d like to grill on a skewer)
1. Buy your favorite meats at the market and cut them into 1 inch cubes.
2. Place 6-8 pieces on each skewer and grill over medium-high heat until charred outside and cooked through.
3. Serve platters of grilled meats alongside a salad bar for the authentic Churrascaria experience.
The national drink of Brazil, the Caiprinha is a twist on a Cuban mojito. With a few simple ingredients you’ll feel like you’re basking on the beach in Rio.
2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
4 oz cachaca (this is like Brazilian white rum)
1. Halve the lime and then cut each half into quarters.
2. Put one lime in each highball glass.
3. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar into each glass and muddle the lime and sugar using a wooden spoon.
4. Pour over cachaca and a splash of seltzer. Add plenty of ice and stir until chilled.