In this week’s Facebook Live video, Test Kitchen Assistant Michelle Kresch demonstrates how to make a spring frittata (adapted from the Plated Cookbook!) that would make a perfect surprise for Mother’s Day. Tune in below and check out the recipe below to make it at home.
Serves 4 to 6
2 cups spinach
4 fresh chives
9 extra-large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the broiler to high. Roughly chop the spinach. Thinly slice ramps and separate leaves and stems. Thinly slice the chives. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and chives. Season with salt and pepper and whisk again.
2. In a medium cast iron skillet or ovenproof pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the ramps and spinach, and cook until wilted, about 1 minute
3. When the ramps and spinach are wilted, add half the goat cheese to the bowl with eggs and whisk until frothy.
4. Turn the heat to medium-low and pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Stir to combine and continue stirring, slowly, until the eggs are almost set. Remove the pan from the heat.
5. Sprinkle the remaining goat cheese over the frittata and immediately transfer the pan to the top rack of the oven. Broil until the frittata is puffed and golden, about 5 minutes. To serve, cut the frittata into slices.