S’mores are great over a campfire, but now that it’s getting into late fall, it’s likely too cold to make them outdoors. Enter our S’mores Rice Krispie Treats recipe—a perfect way to enjoy those same satisfying flavors in the comfort of your own home.
5 cups chocolate krispies
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup (one sleeve) of graham crackers, crushed
3/4 cup chocolate chips
4 tbsp butter
6 cups marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla
1. Mix together the chocolate krispies, mini marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Turn the heat down to the lowest setting and add the marshmallows.
3. Stir until almost totally melted, then add the vanilla extract.
4. Continuing stirring until the marshmallows are all melted, slow and steady.
5. Once fully melted, take them off heat and pour over the rice krispy mixture. Stir lightly to combine.
6. Put into a lightly greased 9×9 pan and let sit 5 minutes. Then go and light press into the pan with greased hands.
7. Allow them to cool and set about 20 minutes. Enjoy!