The cocktail hour approaches on Saint Patrick’s Day. Before you start pouring the Guinness, enjoy a festive beverage with even more notes and nuances to pick up on: Our recipe for Mint Irish Coffee takes a refreshing twist on the traditional cocktail.
1oz Jameson Irish Whiskey
½ oz mint Schnapps
1 cup brewed coffee
3 drops food coloring
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup heavy cream
1. Add whiskey to a mason jar.
2. Add schnapps.
3. Add coffee.
4. Add food coloring and stir it in.
5. Make whipped cream by shaking sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream for 45 seconds in a separate container.
6. Top your drink with whipped cream.
7. Garnish with a couple of mint leaves (if you’d like), then enjoy!