Two home cooked dinner classics, combined. These hearty burgers are packed with flavor, topped with a sticky, sweet sauce and served up with a generous helping of garlic-roasted potatoes. This easy recipe is a simple dinner that you can have on the table in around 30 minutes.
Meatloaf Burger Recipe with Garlic Potatoes
Yield: 4 Servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped parsley, divided
- 10 ounces ground beef sirloin
- ½ cup ketchup, divided
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 kaiser rolls, halved and toasted
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2-4 leaves Boston lettuce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and pepper, as needed
1. Roast the Potatoes
Preheat oven to 450° F. Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon softened butter and 1 garlic clove, sliced. Sprinkle generously with Kosher salt and pepper. Roast for 16-18 minutes or until lightly golden and tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Prepare the Meatloaf Patties
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. While potatoes are roasting, prepare meatloaf patties by mixing chopped red onion, carrot, celery, remaining garlic clove (minced), breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon parsley, beef, egg, ¼ cup ketchup, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Mix brown sugar with remaining ¼ cup ketchup in a small bowl. Form the meat into 2 4-inch patties on baking sheet and top with ketchup mixture. Roast for 18-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. Assemble and Serve
Transfer meatloaf patties onto buns, top with remaining onion, tomato and lettuce. Sprinkle roasted potatoes with ½ tablespoon parsley and serve.
RECIPE: Authentic Greek Meatloaf