Welcome to Chop Shop, your go-to video source for all the tips and tricks you’ll ever need, straight from the Plated Test Kitchen.
Your favorite condiment for grilling this summer can be made right in your own kitchen! Make this homemade barbecue sauce and just try not to drizzle it over everything.
2 cloves garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Salt and pepper
1. Halve jalapeno lengthwise and discard stems
2. Use knife to carefully discard seeds and mince pepper
3. Mince garlic cloves
4. Saute garlic and jalapeno pepper to pan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened
5. Add spices to pan and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute
6. Add ketchup, sherry vinegar, brown sugar and soy sauce to pan
7. Stir frequently until flavors are melded, about 2-3 minutes
8. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste as needed
Take your cooking skills to the next level—order Plated!Get 25% off your first four weeks of Plated!