Welcome to Chop Shop, your go-to video source for all the tips and tricks you’ll ever need, straight from the Plated Test Kitchen.
Have leftover bits and pieces in the pan from cooking your steak? This creamy shallot pan sauce is the perfect solution for a quick topping you’ll want to make over and over.
6 oz steak (for pre-prep)
2 tablespoons creole mustard
2 teaspoons horseradish
4 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup white wine
salt + pepper
1. Sear salt-rubbed steaks over medium heat
2. Remove steak leaving juices in pan
3. Add shallots and cook until soft, about 3 minutes
4. Mix in white wine, scraping brown bits from pan
5. Stir in mustard, horseradish and sour cream
6. Add salt and pepper to taste
7. Spread over your steak and enjoy!
Love experimenting in the kitchen? Try Plated!Get 25% off your first four weeks of Plated!