It’s hard to find good jams and jellies that aren’t filled with processed sugars and preservatives, so when we came across this recipe from PS it’s Healthy we couldn’t wait to try it out. Thickened with chia seeds and sweetened with honey, this jam is a delicious and nutrient-rich spread you can feel good about putting in your body.
Blueberry Chia Jam
- 4.4 oz fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Drop blueberries into a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add lemon juice once some liquid starts to gather in bottom of pan.
- Raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Add honey and stir, mashing the blueberries as you do. You can mash all if you like, depending on the consistency of the jam you enjoy.
- Lower heat, add chia seeds and let it simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Note that it still won’t be very thick – that will only happen when cooled.
- Return to a boil for another 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- Let the sauce pan cool down fully before you pour the jam into a clean jar.
- Allow the jam in the jar to set and cool to room temperature, before you seal it and refrigerate. Since this not a preserved jam, we recommend consuming it within 2-3 weeks.
“At P.S. It’s Healthy we admit to our gastronomic obsession with food that’s good for your body and soul. Every recipe uses unique ingredients and/or techniques that make the dishes healthful without compromising on taste or quality. We try to give you information on the health benefits of the recipe’s ingredients where possible and recommend using fresh, local, organic and non-GMO