Forget pumpkin spice lattes—there’s a new coffee darling in town. Dreamed up by Fumio Tashiro at J+B Design & Cafe in Brooklyn, banana milk coffee is buzz-worthy indeed. Putting a sweet spin on standard cold brew, this standout coffee adds a blend of milk, banana, and simple syrup to the mix. So now you can have your morning cup of Joe with your daily dose of fruit. The below recipe is designed to serve 2.
1 very ripe banana
1 scant cup milk
simple syrup (to taste)
5 ounces of cold brew per cup (or as much as desired)
Pour the blended mixture over a strong cup of cold brew coffee.
These days, you can likely find pre-made cold brew coffee in your local grocery store—but if you can’t, it’s not hard to make your own at home:
1. Scoop ground coffee into a jar, glass, or container of your choice.
2. Pour cold water over the grounds and stir.
3. Cover with a lid or foil and let sit for 8 to 24 hours.
4. Strain coffee into a new container through a fine coffee filter or cheese cloth.
5. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To discover even more delicious recipes, sign up for Plated.Get 25% off your first four weeks of Plated!