Whether you’re gluten-free or simply have run out of flour, you’re in luck. With our simple Almond Butter Cookie recipe, in minutes you’ll be able to satisfy your sweet tooth with just a handful of ingredients, and very few baking staples.
1 tablespoon dark chocolate
1 tablespoon white chocolate
1/2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon coarse Maldon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, beat 1 egg. Roughly chop dark chocolate and white chocolate. Using butter, grease a baking sheet and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together almond butter, brown sugar, baking powder, and 1⁄2 of beaten egg (see Recipe Tip). Add chocolate and stir to combine. Place cookie dough in refrigerator to chill until stiff, about 10 minutes. Add remaining egg to your breakfast scramble tomorrow.
3. Using a tablespoon, scoop chilled cookie dough and drop onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
4. Transfer cookies to oven and bake until edges are slightly golden and centers are set, 10–12 minutes.
5. Remove cookies from oven and using the back of a fork, flatten slightly and sprinkle over Maldon sea salt. Set aside to cool for a few minutes, then go to town!
Looking for more quick and easy recipes, along with pre-portioned ingredients delivered to your door? Sign up for Plated and get a free dinner for two with your first delivery.